Wednesday 28 December 2022

FoGR TYW Swedish

A while ago I picked up a Warlord Games 'Battalia' starter set cheaply on eBay with the vague idea of using it as the basis of a Swedish or Parliamentarian army to face my Royalists/Imperialists. 

As the project was making no progress I thought I'd try speed painting an infantry unit to see how they looked, being relatively simple uniforms they seemed suitable for speed paints. 

The 'Blue' unit:


The 'Greens':

The 'Yellows':

The 'Reds':

All four units with a General I got as my prize from the ADLG-R competition:

I must admit I think they came out well considering how little effort it was to paint them (I'm sure it took longer to make them, undercoat them and base them than it did to paint them!). The Flags of War flags really help as well and as with my other 28mm FoGR units can be changed to represent different nations (the flag just slides over a wire the standard bearer holds).

I have two units of Horse I could paint the same way though I'm not sure they will be so suited to speed paints and a couple of bases of Dragoons. Of course that isn't enough for an army so to have two armies I'll need to add some more, otherwise they can just be used as extra units for my existing army.


2 comments:

  1. They look great. Awesome additions to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ski, hopefully I'll add some more soon!

    ReplyDelete