Saturday 11 April 2020

TMOCB US Elite Forces

Having decided that firstly I was quite enjoying playing TMOCB and secondly I didn't much like the Pegasus USMC figures I'd painted I ordered a box of Esci 'US Elite Forces' from Amazon.

As can be seen from the Plastic Soldier Review site (the source of all my info on plastic figures!) the figures are slightly more 'Hollywood' than the Pegasus ones, something I personally don't have an issue with. This time I put a bit more effort into painting them as well, highlighting the figures rather than using the black wash method I'd used on the Pegasus ones and the Vietnamese.

The first squad emerges from the jungle:

The second squad moves up to a paddy field:

Squad three examines a village hut:

The command figures (or at least the ones I will use as commanders). Why the guy with the sniper rifle is also carrying a radio is hard to understand, I will use him as the Platoon Commander anyway:

A comparison between the Pegasus figures (left) and Esci ones (right):

Who is this meant to be? Could it be a certain Rambo portrayed by Sylvester Stallone using his full range of acting abilities?!:

I also added another M113, this time the ACAV version. This came ready made and painted from Easy Models for a remarkably cheap £8.99 which is less than a normal kit costs I think. As I dislike making kits it is ideal for me. Some weathering would probably improve it but it is very useable as it is:

I did like the Pegasus figures, they are probably more accurately scaled than the Esci ones but this makes the weaponry very delicate and is not helped by the very soft plastic they are made of. Their poses are great though and it is a shame they didn't come out that well. I think I will try varnishing them again to try to remove the slightly glossy 'sticky varnish' issue and see if that improves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment