Wednesday 2 November 2022

Cold War Commander Warsaw Pact

Having finished the CWC BAOR and enjoyed my game against Tim it was inevitable that I'd add some opponents for them, especially as Simon who also plays CWC only has BAOR as well (typical forethought on my part there choosing an army someone else already has!).

I've gone for a rather generic 'Warsaw Pact' force so far with the commonest types to which I can add later if I want to.

Command units:


BMP-1 IFV's:

Motor Rifle infantry for the BMP-1's to carry:

Assorted ATGW, SAM and HMG supports:

The main tank force, T-72's:

T-64's, oddly I think these are actually better than the T-72:

Two AA guns, I wrongly assumed these would be vehicle mounted and it took me a while to figure out they were not:

Two Hind helicopters, impressive in size and festooned with weapons. I bought the transparent discs for the rotors but can't decide if I prefer them to the metal ones so haven't fitted them yet:

As with the BAOR they were relatively cheap, even easier to paint (no camouflage!) and once I'd painted them I decided I wanted some more which I ordered but have not arrived yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment