Sunday 4 June 2023

Nimitz Royal Navy

Just in time for some action tomorrow the Royal Navy ships I bought for Nimitz are ready for action!

Battleships HMS Rodney and Howe


Cruisers HMS Belfast, Hermione, York and Spartan:

Cruisers HMS Norfolk and Ajax

Carriers HMS Ark Royal, Implacable and Illustrious:

Destroyers HMS Jervis, Khartoum, Kelly and Jackal:

Destroyers HMS Cossack, Zulu, Mohawk and Eskimo:

Destroyers HMS Orwell and Offa:

Skua's for the carriers:

Fulmars for the carriers:

The mighty Sunderland flying boat:

Swordfish:

A decent force to play Nimitz with, though I probably got too many carriers and aircraft really. The ships are all 1/3000th from Davco, the aircraft 1/600th from Tumbling Dice and the carrier deck markings (which are excellent) from Flight Deck Decals who provide a great service considering they are based in the US which is normally awful to order from.

They were all well cast and easy to paint so another force which wasn't that much effort to produce and may well get some action in the future!


2 comments:

  1. good to see and I love the models - not sure of the scale though! Thought of 1/6000 ships and 1/2400 planes? Might see you this Monday. Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean, I like them. Mostly I went for that scale as that's what Andy has and I think the players in Norfolk do as well. I've ordered some Germans so when I've done those if you fancy a game let me know.

    ReplyDelete