Sunday 2 January 2022

2021 In Review Part Two: Painting

I didn't paint as much in 2021 as I'd hoped, again largely due to being out of action for four months. However, I still managed a decent output I think especially as I have a whole new army almost finished but not included in the review!

Chain of Command

Mostly figures and scenery for the Basildon Home Guard campaign, I bought many of these when I was in hospital and playing the campaign encouraged me to get back into painting quickly.

The LDV:


The Smith Gun:

Almost everything I painted got into action and I'd very happily play the campaign again at some point in the future.

Another addition for CoC was a 20mm Imperial Japanese army as the start of a Pacific collection.

An infantry section:

Support elements:

A Ha-Go light tank:

The Chi-Ha:

I'm pleased with the way they came out and they got one outing in the Saipan campaign which should continue this year.

Cruel Seas

Two new fleets with the USN and IJN plus a couple more merchant ships.

USN:

The IJN:

Putting more effort into the IJN fleet has made me think about repainting the rest though I don't think they look too bad really. Seeing a cheap deal on a USN Fleet box (£26, normal price £72!) lead me to ordering one which should arrive soon so for the USN I'll just add some better painted ones. The British and Germans I'll probably just leave as they are.

The Men of Company B

Just one addition in the form of two platoons of ARVN troops. Being rated 'green' in general you get a lot more ARVN than the US Marines so I think they will provide an interesting change for the White Star games.

ARVN:

ARVN:

So overall considerably less output than in 2020 but I'm happy with the stuff I did manage to get done and most of them have seen some action.

What is on the horizon for 2022? 

Cruel Seas

I have a RN Corvette, an IJN Landing Craft and the USN box set to complete for Cruel Seas which will give me more ships than I can possibly use probably. Still I like painting them so that's not really a problem.

Bag the Hun

Continuing the WW2 Pacific theme I've invested in some 1/300th US and Japanese aircraft for Bag the Hun, these are pretty easy to paint and won't take long to finish I think once the decals for them turn up.

For King & Parliament 
Another eBay 'bargain' was a cheap Warlord Games 28mm ECW Battalia starter set. Initially I'd only wanted a box of infantry but when I found the starter set wasn't that much more expensive I weakened and bought one! I'm planning to paint them up as a Swedish TYW army and bought a few metal additions to go with the starter set. Probably a long term project....

Blucher

I've bought some more artillery for the 15mm 1870 French and Prussians plus some more Prussian infantry as I quite enjoyed the 1870 adaption for Blucher. I've also got a few various Napoleonic units to paint up at some stage.

ADLG

A whole new 25mm army which is almost finished (just needs basing), more on that soon hopefully!







No comments:

Post a Comment