Monday 27 June 2022

Rommel 1940 British

Yet another example of mission creep here. I ordered something from Wayland Games and it wasn't quite enough to get 'free' postage. So, looking around I saw that they had some of the Victrix 12mm Late War British infantry in stock. Having already got Americans if I bought them I could just replace all my American infantry with British ones, use the same vehicles and play as British! Sounds good!

Once they arrive I think well I'd like to have a few Churchills and maybe some proper artillery. So I order some from Pendraken. I finally start painting the infantry.

Then when arranging my next Rommel game Andy mentions he has done some 1940 Germans and wouldn't mind using them some time. I'd only need to add a few more tanks and I could use the British as Early War as well! So I say okay next game I'll use Early War British and off goes another order to Pendraken. I'd better get on with the painting.

An Infantry Brigade:


Supporting Matilda's and Royal Artillery:

An Armoured Brigade of Cruiser Mk IV's:

Plus some 'Cavalry' in Vickers Light Tanks, some Motorised Infantry and more Royal Artillery:

Finally some Army Level Heavy Artillery:

I like the way the tanks especially have come out, the earlier tanks have a charm all of their own. The infantry are very nice little models with loads of detail which I certainly didn't really do justice to but then with such small drab figures in a darkish room it makes little difference.

The army was only finished yesterday and will be going into action later tonight playing the very appropriate for 1940 'Evacuation' scenario.

I'll need to add more elements really as I only have 80 points worth at the moment and for Rommel you really need around 110 points to do all the scenarios. I have a load more infantry to do but will probably end up splashing out on a few more tanks as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment