Thursday 12 March 2020

Wings of War WW1

We used to play Wings of War quite often but had not played for years so when Jerry suggested a multi-player game I happily agreed to join in.

Thus six of us took to the air in various WW1 planes. In the first game I used the mighty Roland, notable mainly for it's ability to fire all round.

Firing on a Nieuport  17:

A SPAD 13 joins in the fight:

My Roland is hit and smoke pours from the engine:

Game 2 and I have changed to an SE5a, chasing a Fokker DVII:

Meeting an Albatross DV:

Game three and I have an Albatross DIII facing a DH4 and a Bristol Fighter:

More action:


The last game and my final plane, the Sopwith Camel:

The Red Baron is shot down by my Camel:

Taking on the Fokker DVII, the French SPAD kept getting in the way:

A final shot at the DVII fails to down it and it runs for home:

A fun evening and great to get the planes out of the box again. My vague memories that two seater planes were very efficient (especially the Roland) were right and the Bristol Fighter was devastating as it shoots the same as a fighter both forwards and backwards while taking loads of damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment