Monday 28 June 2021

Cruel Seas US Navy

More additions to my Cruel Seas forces, this time in the form of some US Navy ships. Partly inspired by a recent very cheap sale of Cruel Seas items from North Star and partly to have something better equipped than my British/Norwegians to take on the Kreigsmarine!

First up are two sub chasers, apparently three of these were given to the free Norwegian navy so one of them might well get a Norwegian flag:


Next three of the powerful ELCO PT boats. Better armed than the German E-boats, fast and small in size they are a tough opponent:

More PT boats, this time the Higgins model. Not as well armed as the ELCO but still decent enough:

Finally four landing craft complete with infantry. I dithered about buying two packs of these and now wish I had as I like them and they have some potential for different scenarios. Doubtless I'll end up adding some more:

Rather like the Vietnam stuff I almost wish I'd put more effort into them, as it is I just gave them the usual Cruel Seas quick paint job followed by a black wash to bring out the detail. They look okay though and to be honest I doubt they will get that many games anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment