Saturday 26 June 2021

The Men of Company B Army of the Republic of Vietnam

Having greatly enjoyed my TMOCB games so far I thought I'd add some South Vietnamese to my collection. Although there were some plastic figures available from Orion I didn't think they looked that great so went for Elhiem metal figures instead. 

I really like the Elhiem figures, they fit in well with the plastic ones I have and are nice sculpts. As the ARVN can be rated as 'Green' in MOCB you get two platoons of them rather than the usual one for the Americans so I bought one platoon of the 1966 equipped 'Mike Force' figures and one of the later ARVN 1968 figures.

Firstly the 'Mike Force' Platoon commander and first squad (with some extra figures to the left of the commander to make up a few spare bases!):


Squads two and three of 'Mike Force':

Platoon command and first squad of the 1968 figures:

Second and third squads of the 1968 figures:

I prefer the 'Mike Force figures but the 1968 ones are okay and together I'm happy with the way they came out. I think they will play rather differently as a White Star 'Green' force, though you get a lot more of them they are harder to control and take casualties a lot more easily. Looking forward to getting them on the table soon and seeing how they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment