Sunday 11 July 2021

Chain of Command German Armour

A while ago I bought a couple of Rubicon kits from Buoys Toys in Cromer, a Panther and a PzIV, which had been sitting around for ages unmade and unpainted. 

I'd wanted to paint them in a late war camouflage scheme but felt that would be hard to do without an airbrush. I'd been thinking about buying an airbrush for a while but, taking some advice from my club mates, decided that it wasn't worth the considerable expense, lack of potential use (as I mainly paint figures) and the need to learn how to use it decided against it! Fortunately one of my club members, Mike from the excellent Tactica Studios, offered to spray the base colours on for me so I could finish the rest.

Mike sprayed them with the basecoat yellow then added the green and brown camouflage. I decided to add a 'dot' pattern over the camouflage and finished the rest of the models tracks, detailing and mud splattering (though not as well as Mike would have done, his tanks look much nicer than mine!).

The Panzer IV:


Another view:

The Panther:

Another view:

I think I might have gone a bit overboard on the dots, most pictures seem to show far fewer and I didn't realise quite how many I'd added until I'd finished, on the individual panels they looked fine but when I looked at the overall tank I realised just how many there were! They have grown on me though and now I quite like them and am looking forward to using them at some point in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment