Sunday 6 September 2020

TMOCB Firebase ready for action!

More additions to the Firebase I've been working on for TMOCB, again from Britannia Miniatures.

The command bunker:

This model has some nice interior detail:

A mortar emplacement:

Something that isn't strictly needed (it is meant to be the latrines in the game!) is a Watchtower. This is a hefty model as the wooden structure holding the tower up is cast in metal:

I must admit I much prefer the ones I bought from Britannia to the ones I made but the home-made ones don't look too bad and kept the cost down. I think I'll add a flagpole with the Stars and Stripes and maybe some signage to the bunkers.

So now the interior is pretty much done I've had a hunt through my various terrain boxes to see what I could come up with for the perimeter and laid out the whole Firebase:

The sections with the logs on top and a wooden fire step supported by gabions are thirty-odd years old an were bought for my AWI Rebel army but, I think, don't look too bad at all. Half the wire entanglements are from 4Ground and the rest home-made originally for Chain of Command.

Britannia do a some really nice casts for the perimeter but needing 12 straight sections and 4 corners (assuming the sections they do are around 6" long) so at £4.50 a section that would cost £72 which is probably more than I want to spend on some terrain I'll rarely use though given the vast expansion in the budget for the Vietnam collection lately (an echo of the actual war I suspect, started off with 'oh I'll just paint up those two boxes of plastic infantry I already have' and ended up with a huge budget over-run for scenery, figures and vehicles!) I may be tempted.

First of all though I'll give the scenario a game and see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment