Sunday 15 August 2021

Rommel Soviet and German armies stocktake

With not being able to go to the club for a long time to play my regular Rommel opponent Andy I'd sort of lost track of what I was doing with my Rommel armies. For a while I'd been adding the odd thing here and there to play specific scenarios or allow the armies to extend in period but it had all been rather haphazard.

So I thought it's time to have a look at what I have and what (if anything) could do with adding. I knew I'd also have to make up some more unit labels as I'd not done that for a long time.

Getting the Russians out first this is what I found:


Quite frankly there were an awful lot more than I expected! Partly that's because I'd been buying up vehicles to expand the army from it's original Mid-War to cover Early and Late war as well. Probably all I need to add are some more trucks for motorised infantry (though at a pinch I could use the half-tracks from my Americans as Lend-Leese "trucks"). I only have labels for Mid-War so I also need to do Late and Early War labels.

As for the Germans there were perhaps less than I expected, maybe because my German collection is only Mid and Late-War, I considered doing Early War as well but that would involve replacing all the vehicles partly as they are different and partly due to the difference in colour schemes:

As with the Russians some more trucks might be useful as would another battalion of StuG's and maybe of Panthers. Again I need to do a few more labels for the Fallschirmjager and another Infantry Division. 

At least now I'll have some idea what to get next time I add something to these armies!


No comments:

Post a Comment