Thursday 24 February 2022

Cruel Sea's United States Navy

Having bought a very cheap Warlord Cruel Sea's US Navy Fleet to supplement or replace the ones I'd already done I painted them up in the 'new' for me Cruel Sea's painting style I used on the Japanese fleet.

One ship I didn't already have was the LCI-(L) landing craft:


A Coastal Cutter sub chaser:

The new one compared to the old one:

Three Higgins boats. Shockingly these are painted green rather than grey!:

Again the new one compared to the old:

Three ELCO boats:

Next to one of the old ones:

Three landing craft:

The new and the old:

I think the new ones have come out nicely though I'm not sure I prefer the green colour for the Higgins and ELCO's to the grey versions and the difference in the paint jobs is less apparent on the smaller ships. Certainly they were well worth the £26 investment (the Warlord site has the set at £73!).

I only have one unpainted ship left now, a Flower Class corvette for the British to be painted as HMS Compass Rose from 'The Cruel Sea' movie. Apart from that I'll probably gradually repaint the larger ships done in the old paint style but leave the smaller ones as they look fine as they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment