Thursday 2 May 2024

Test of Honour Factions

The first lot of figures I bought for Test of Honour were from Perry Miniatures. I thought they looked nice and painted up a standard Samurai faction.

Hero, Companions and Ashigaru Spearmen:


Ashigaru Archers and Musketeers:

I must admit to being a bit disappointed with these, they don't look great I think and in the end I just quickly finished them off to use them.

Next I got some of the actual ToH miniatures, the 'Rogues and Ruffians' box. Considerably more expensive than the Perry figures but given that you don't need that many figures not that bad (I'd certainly not build an army out of them!).

The 'Widow', the 'Wanderer', the 'Witch' and the 'Bruiser':

The 'Drunkard', the 'Archer', the 'Paymaster' and the 'Signaller':

These are great figures and unlike the Perry ones I'm very pleased with them, they have a lot of character and some fun specific rules for each one. Definitely worth the extra cost!

Finally a few villagers to populate the table, these are from Perry as well:



Enough for a game completed now. I have the ToH Sohei Monks and a generic Samurai box to paint, again while expensive they are really nice figures and should look good when finished.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment