Friday 6 September 2019

10 mm WW2 Germans

Having finished the Americans in 10 mm and decided I should try being the Germans for a change I ordered an army from Pendraken and Minifigs.

German infantry from Minifigs, largely chosen as they work out a fair bit cheaper than the Pendraken ones:

Everything else was from Pendraken. Artillery support including the Nebelwerfer:

Motorised Infantry and Panzer Grenadiers:

Infantry support from some Stug IV's:

Panzer IV H for the majority of the tanks:

Finally some Panthers to add a cutting edge:

As with all my 10 mm WW2 stuff these didn't take long to paint at all. I've always found it hard trying to paint later war German camouflage schemes, people produce wonderful looking results with an airbrush but a) I don't have an airbrush and b) If I had I'm not sure it would work on 10 mm models.

As a result I went for a relatively simple striped pattern (following 15 minutes 'research' on Google images) which has come out okay and gives me another army to use against Andy and two armies if I want to play solo games or introduce someone else to Rommel.

No comments:

Post a Comment