Tuesday 8 October 2019

Cruel Seas Merchantman

Inspired by by recent game of Cruel Seas I splashed out on the rules, a merchant ship and some very nice acrylic measuring devices.

Rather like WW2 tanks the merchant ship was fairly easy to put together and paint:

It's actually not that big, but looks fine for the game. I also painted up my torpedo markers:

I was quite impressed with the rule book, it has a lot of information in it and several scenarios as well as the rules (which I've realised we have been playing wrongly in some ways).

I also painted up the recent Miniature Wargames "free" Black Sails frigate:

Again easy to put together (though no sails or rigging yet!) and painted up nicely. It's about the same size as a Langton 1st Rate so I guess the 1st and 3rd Rates in Black Sails will look very impressive.

I don't think I'll be investing in Black Sails but then I thought that about Cruel Seas as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment