Thursday 28 November 2019

Chain of Command Axis and Allies

Some more additions to my 28mm WW2 collection picked up at SELWG and Warfare recently.

Firstly a downed German aircrew from Wargames Foundry:

Must admit I'm a bit disappointed how these came out, they are nice figures but for some reason just don't look 'right', maybe the colours are a bit off. It's a shame they didn't do a U-Boat crew as well to fit in with the 'Dad's Army' theme.

Next in a similar theme some more Home Guard, again from Wargames Foundry:

These add some more infantry and heavy weapons in the form of a Vickers MG, a Lewis gun and a BAR so I almost have enough for a full platoon of Home Guard now (and could just use some of the BEF to make up the numbers). The female figure is meant to be Mrs Fox from Dad's Army I think.

Having bought a fair bit of armour for the Germans, Americans and Russians I thought I should add to the lone Matilda for the British and bought a Vickers VB tank from 1st Corps. It is a resin model and is nicely done:

They also do a Matilda 1 which looked great so I may be tempted by that sooner or later!

For the Americans we have an M4 half-track:

This one is a Rubicon Models version, rather like the German Hanomag it is an iconic WW2 vehicle. No opportunity to use it in "29 Let's Go!" but hopefully it will get on table in the future.

Finally I picked up a Warlord Soviet Naval squad from the Bring and Buy at Warfare for a very reasonable £7:

The Russians are still my favorite CoC army and I expect eventually a third squad of sailors and some command will be added to make a full Naval platoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment