Monday 3 February 2020

Great War Germans

One of the many abandoned projects I've found after going through all my boxes of figures was some Great War 1914 Germans and French. The figures were made by the now defunct as far as I can tell Renegade Miniatures and were painted many years ago, I think when I wasn't painting much 28 mm stuff with no real plan to use them.

I had around 35 Germans, all painted, and an unpainted field gun picked up from a club mate who rather oddly got it and some French infantry in a job lot of Space Marines he bought! So almost but not quite enough to make up a potential CoC force.

Searching on Ebay found another 18 badly painted figures available cheaply so I bought them. When they arrived they looked a lot better than in the photographs but I thought I might as well repaint them anyway to match the old ones.

The first group of 10:

Another 10 advancing through some shell holes:

The third group of 10:

The final 10 moving through an orchard:

Machine gun support:

Artillery support:

Finally the High Command enjoying the fruits of France:

Considering how long ago I painted the first lot the new ones look similar, slightly different colours (partly because the originals were probably painted in Humbrol enamels), and the bases are not quite the same. There is also the eye situation, I had tried (and failed as usual) to paint eyes on when I did  the old ones but didn't bother with the new ones as painting eyes never works for me!

I am particularly fond of the rather well fed officer with the monocle and his skinny sidekick on the right, the table of food suits him perfectly.

There are enough to use in CoC I think and Jerry has some suitable opponents though he uses a different set of rules. Not sure how often they will get used but they might get a game or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment