Saturday 11 April 2020

Great War French

Having finished the refurbishment and recruitment to the 28 mm Renegade 1914 Germans I moved on to their French opponents.

I already had enough infantry (though some needed painting) and just needed to add an artillery piece and an MMG which I bought from Great War Miniatures.

The officers and a couple of extra infantrymen:

A group of ten infantry:

The second group of ten infantry:

The third group of ten infantry:

The M1897 75 mm Field Gun and crew (from Great War Miniatures):

The two MMG, one Renegade and one Great War:

This picture shows the huge difference in size between the manufacturers:

As with the Germans I think the additions blend in okay with the original ones. I should probably have done something about the eyes, I really can't paint eyes and they all look permanently surprised! Even more so than the Germans the Renegade figures are huge, the Great War ones are not small but look small in comparison!

But for the current lock down I'd have tried to arrange a game for them but as it is I think it will be a while before they see any action.

No comments:

Post a Comment