Friday 25 August 2023

To the Strongest Ancient Britons v Imperial Romans

A game of To the Strongest in Norfolk very aptly saw me join in a game between Pete's Ancient Britons and Ken's Imperial Romans on the Britons side. The armies were very impressive 28mm on a large table and I took control of the Britons left flank while Pete had the centre and right.

My command of chariots, warriors and slingers:


The Romans awaited attack on a hill: 

One of Pete's elite warbands:

My warriors following up their chariots:

The Roman line looks solid and threatening on the hill:

The full lines of battle:

My tribe is facing Auxiliaries and slingers:

The Britons centre prepares to charge up the hill:

My warband is still in reserve:

The chariots pepper the Auxiliaries with missiles ineffectively:

The fight for the hill is vicious:

The Romans replace their slingers with more Auxilia as the Britons continue to hurl missiles with no effect at all:

Freedom loving Britons fight brutal Imperialist Romans!

Attacks from the Auxilia break one of my chariot units:

Both infantry lines are weakening now, on the right though one of Pete's warbands has broken through the Roman line and is sweeping along the Roman flank smashing Legionaries as it goes:

My command has, in all honesty, not contributed much beyond keeping the Auxilia occupied:

My warband falls back having failed to better the Auxilia on the hill:

The rest of the Roman army breaks leaving the British victorious:

Very enjoyable and impressive looking game put on by Pete and Ken, it was easy to pick up TtS after playing FK&P and the fewer markers and smaller cards made the table less untidy looking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment