Friday 7 December 2018

10mm Late War Americans Reinforcements

Since I was pleased with the 10mm Americans I did earlier I thought I'd add a few more elements to give me around 100pts for Rommel.

First up were three M5 Stuarts. By the late war these tanks were used in a recon role and, while very poorly armoured, have an interesting ability in Rommel to potentially allow a group including them to fire first. They also add a bit of variety which is somewhat lacking in the American army!


Next up were three M4 Sherman's. These can be used either in an armoured combat command or attached to an infantry regimental combat team so are quite versatile in Rommel.


Finally I painted up another three half tracks to give me nine in total.


In total the army now composes around 110pts which should be enough for most scenarios. The only other potential additions are Pershing's or M36 Tank Destroyers.

The temptation now of course is to start on an appropriate German force for Normandy in 1944. The 10mm armies are not that expensive to buy and very easy to paint up. For now however they will be able to take on Andy's Germans with their first game scheduled for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment