Monday 13 July 2020

American War of Independence Rebels

One of the long abandoned projects I found when I did my inventory was a box of Essex 15mm American War of Independence figures.

Since I already had a load of 25mm AWI figures I have no idea why I bought these (or their British opposition). Looking at the figures there were enough for six 20 figure infantry regiments, three guns and crews and three generals.

As with the HYW English army I painted a few weeks ago I went for a quick and simple paint job on them to make them useable rather than works of art!

A Continental or State Line unit in brown coats:

Another Continental or State Line unit this time in blue coats:

A Militia unit prepare to defend their homes:

Another Militia unit emerges from the treeline:

Riflemen defend an earthwork:

The Green Mountain Boy's, a State Line unit, advance:

Three guns and crews:

The Rebel high command:

As with the HYW English I think they look okay considering how long I took to paint them. The Essex AWI range is quite limited and lacks a bit of variety really.

The question now is what to do with them? I have an equivalent number of 15mm AWI British most of whom are painted so they do have some opposition.

I thought about trying to turn them into a 'King of the Battlefield' army but firstly they would probably do very badly against 7YW armies and secondly there are nowhere near enough of them!

Once I finish the British I might try using a very old rule set, Washington's Wars, which I used to play many many years ago and enjoyed as they have some interesting ideas. Probably the most realistic thing to do with them though would be to stick them on eBay!

No comments:

Post a Comment