Monday 13 July 2020

TMOCB Huey UH-1B and crew

Having enjoyed my games of TMOCB I thought I'd add a helicopter and some downed aircrew so I could try playing the aircrew rescue scenario. The chopper would also be useable as support for the US forces (though rather like the M113's I doubt it is cost effective) and provide photo opportunities for medevacs.

Looking at a few online model shops and Amazon I decided to go for an Easy Models "UH-1B Huey US Army, No.65-15045, Vietnam 1967" which (like the M113's) comes already assembled and painted. At £26 it was slightly expensive but basic kits cost around £16 and in all honesty I don't enjoy making kits so it looked like a good choice:


I think it looks fine, could probably do with some weathering applying but looks good as it is out of the box. For the downed aircrew scenario I'll just cover it with a load of smoke/flames to represent a ditched craft set on light by the crew.

The crew themselves came from an Italeri set, 1246S Nato Pilots and Ground Crews. Perhaps not entirely accurate but the only alternatives I could fine were from Britannia Miniatures in metal and, while nice enough figures, they don't really fit with the plastic figures at all.

So hopefully in the next few days I'll give the scenario a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment