Sunday 28 October 2018

10mm Late War Americans for Rommel

Having enjoyed the recent 10mm Late War game of Rommel Andy and I played I remembered that I had some 10mm WW2 Americans and Japanese I'd painted a long time ago for Peter Pig's PBI.

A short search uncovered a box file with some painted Japanese and Americans together with a few bags of unpainted US Infantry, all from Minifigs if I remember rightly.

Looking through what was usable for a Late War American force in Rommel there were enough infantry figures and four Shermans so with some additions it would make a viable army.

Having initially forgotten that the ones I had were from Minifigs I ordered the rest of the force from Pendraken, adding two more Shermans, 3 M18 Hellcats, 6 M3 Halftracks and some artillery.

One of the joys of WW2 at the smaller scales is that they don't take much effort to paint up so once the reinforcements arrived they were quickly painted and based on a 4cm frontage. The stars were transfers from Pendraken which seem a bit small to me while the serial numbers for the Shermans came from some transfers I got with my 28mm Bren Carrier.

First up are the M18 Hellcats:
 The Infantry with a couple of 105mm Howitzers as support:
 Armoured Infantry in M3 Half Tracks:
 The four old Shermans rebased with the two new ones:
 A Priest to provide artillery support to the Shermans:

All I need to do now is make some labels up for them. While the magnetic ones I used for the 3mm desert armies worked well I think I will just use paper ones and blu tack for these as, unlike the desert armies, I won't want to change them between Early War and Mid War.

I also picked up a gridded fields cloth so our next battle won't have to be played out on the desert mat unlike last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment