Sunday 10 March 2019

Achtung! Blitzkrieg!

Having completed the British for Chain of Command and added a lot of suitable scenery I thought it was time to start on the Germans as part of the Operation Sealion project.

I'd bought a box of Warlord Games plastic Blitzkrieg  German Infantry and a Panzer II a while ago but the only progress they had made was one figure made up and painted as a test. At the recent Cavalier show I'd added some support options and an Sdkfz 222 armoured car, another Panzer II and an Sdkfz 251 again from Warlord Games. I also ordered a few extra figures from the Crusader Miniatures range.

Once I started on them in earnest they made quick progress and were easy to paint.

Squad One:

Squad Two:

Squad Three:

Squad Four:

Some extra LMG teams in case I decide to use a list with two LMG per squad. These are Crusader Miniatures:

An MMG, a sniper and two AT rifle groups:

The AT gun and the 5cm Mortar squad:

The Sdkfz 222 Armoured Car. This was a really nice model:

The two Panzer II tanks:

Some pioneers with the Sdkfz 251 Hannomag. After I'd bought the Hannomag I realised it was a mid war version not the early war one, I don't think it makes much difference though!:

Finally the high command, most of these are Crusader as I didn't like the plastic Warlord Games one (the one on the left):

Given that it only took me a couple of weeks to paint them all I'm very pleased with them. I now have quite a few options for the army and will be able to try being the Germans in CoC though mostly I will probably stick with the Brits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment