Sunday 31 March 2019

ECW Personalities



As the ECW/TYW project is approaching being able to get on the table it was time to add a couple of personalities to the generic commander bases I'd already done.

Having looked through a few different manufacturers I finally settled on Bicorne Miniatures range of ECW personalities and sent off an order.

The first base consists of King Charles and the Royal Standard Bearer Sir Edmund Verney:

My second choice was Prince Rupert and 'Boy' his dog:

As usual the flag on the King Charles base is removable so I'll be able to swap it for a TYW one if I want to use the army as a TYW army.

I thought 'Boy' was rather small. He was a white hunting poodle who accompanied Rupert into battle and was thought by his opponents to have magic powers! He was killed at Marston Moor in 1644.

Looking at this picture painted by Louise, Princess Palatine, he does not look that fearsome:

He was also the subject of a number of propaganda leaflets on both sides:

Quite an effect for a small white poodle!

No comments:

Post a Comment