Saturday 16 March 2019

Grand Duchy of Warsaw Cavalry

Since I rediscovered my enthusiasm for 28mm figures I've not painted any 15mm figures for ages. I found it hard initially to get used to painting 28mm figures again and, when I found this half-finished unit of Napoleonic Polish Lancers I thought I'd see if I could still paint 15mm figures!

The figures are the rather expensive AB ones:

Before I started on 28mm figures I'd been building up my 15mm Napoleonic collection with some French allies. I started off with a Bavarian corps of three infantry units, one cavalry and an artillery battery all of which got finished and have been in action a few times.

Next I decided to do a small Polish corps. Two infantry units, an artillery unit and a very nice Poniatowski figure got finished and these Lancers complete this corps.

It was harder to paint them as they now seem tiny and I don't think the paint job is as neat as I used to do but they look fine at normal viewing distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment