Sunday 19 May 2019

Chain of Command Soviet's

In the first real departure from my planned additions this year I decided to add some Soviets to my CoC forces.

I'd been following a blog about a CoC Russian campaign and watched a few Russian TV series about the Russian Front on Amazon and Netflix which gave me the inspiration to start a Soviet force. This, combined with the ease with which I can pick up Warlord Games from a nearby Darksphere store allowed me to quickly acquire the  figures with the added advantage that they are around 20% cheaper than buying from Warlord directly.

As with the plastic Germans I quite liked the figures once they were made up and I've got better at making them with practice!

The first infantry squad:

The second squad:

The third squad:

The fourth (support) squad has a few figures that can be used as snipers or tank hunters:

Further support from a MMG, 2" Mortar, flamethrower, 47mm Anti-tank gun and a captured Panzerfaust:

A BA64 Armoured Car, this is another nice little model:

The massive KV-1 tank which helpfully came with a sprue of 8 infantry I needed to make up the squads above:

The same hull but with the even more massive KV-2 turret:

A T34-85 for later war games:

Finally the commanders:

As with the German's I'm really pleased with these, they were quick to paint and will look good in action. I've now got three CoC forces, they are very easy to build but if I keep going I'm going to find it hard to play enough games to use them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment