Monday 10 June 2019

ADLG Medieval German v French Ordonnance

This was a practice game for Sean's French Ordonnance for the upcoming club ADLG competition.

The choice of lists was limited to Western Europe medieval armies so I thought I'd use Medieval German and picked a list from the 'Madaxeman' ADLG Wiki page.

The Germans won the initiative and decided to defend:

The Germans pushed forward in the centre with their large foot block while the French attempted to outflank the Germans on the German left:

German Knights move over to counter the French flanking force:

The Germans are not well positioned really but one Knight has managed to charge home against some French longbow men:

Hit markers sprout all along the German lines from shooting and combat with the German Landsknects taking a battering from their Swiss counterparts:

The Germans cut down a few of the French but take more losses and are close to collapse:

The battle quickly ends as more Germans are obliterated:
I think the army composition was probably better than I would have chosen myself. On reflection I'd have had an artillery piece to force the French to advance perhaps. Sean's army was a tough opponent with many elite elements which really helped him in the combats and shooting. He maneuvered well and used his longbow men and knights in combination.  I allowed my forces to become scattered which meant the cheap commanders I'd chosen couldn't control them very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment