Thursday 13 June 2019

Chain of Command Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?!

I got around to painting the Home Guard I'd bought from Wargames Foundry for the Operation Sealion project.

They are nice sculpts and may quite possibly be based on a classic BBC comedy. Any resemblance is doubtless coincidental.....

The first row shows Private Pike, Private Fraser (I think), Private Walker (with cigarette in mouth!), Captain Mainwaring, Sergeant Wilson, Private Godfrey and Corporal Jones:

Mainwaring, Wilson and Godfrey are great sculpts with a lot of character. Next we have some assorted 'extras' apart from the first figure who I think is meant to be Mainwaring's rival Captain Square:

Finally a couple more 'extras' plus a policeman, ARP Hodges and an old man:

I think I will end up adding more figures to these, Foundry have another couple of packs of home guard and a nice one of a downed German aircrew that will fit in well with the Sealion theme. It's a shame they don't do a U-Boat crew as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment