Thursday 13 June 2019

Chain of Command WW2 Soviets

The first of a few new things to make it off the painting table are some more tanks for the CoC WW2 Soviets.

There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of Russian TV dramas about WW2 on Amazon Prime keeping the inspiration for this army going!

Having already bought a T34/85 I felt I should have a T34/76 as well:

A BT7 light tank, again from Warlord Games this time in resin was next. I think I actually prefer the resin models to the plastic ones as the detail is quite good and they seem more solid:

Finally I painted up a figure as a Commissar. The Commissar's are frequently depicted in the Russian TV shows generally in a rather bad light! In CoC you can use them to 'improve' the morale of your men which they do by shooting a random man from among the squad being 'inspired' to encourage the others!:

The Russian's are now a substantial force, I'm pleased with how they came out and hopefully will get a lot of use out of them.

2 comments:

  1. I like the painting of the Russians! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean, I went for a slightly lighter green than normal which I think looks good.

    ReplyDelete