Thursday 27 September 2018

Hannibal and Massinissa!

After my last game with the literally ancient 25mm Carthaginians it was apparent that the general figures were very much on their last legs and that any more use would result in broken legs. They seemed too fragile to repair either so it was time to recruit some new ones to take the strain!

Looking at a few manufacturers 1st Corps seemed the best bet to fit in with my older style figures plus they did some Bren Gun teams I needed for my CoC BEF so I ordered a 'Hannibal' pack, a pack of Punic Cavalry Command and a pack of Numidian Cavalry Command plus the Bren Gun teams.

Hannibal and his standard bearer were the first to be painted:
He looks like a grizzled veteran in this sculpt and the figures do fit in well with my old ones. The standard bearer I think disturbingly looks a bit like Lemmy from Motorhead with that moustache, ready to burst into 'The Ace of Spades' at the slightest opportunity!

Next up was Massinissa with his standard bearer:
There was an option with 1st Corps for a 'Numidian General' but that figure was mounted on the same armoured horse as the ones above which I wasn't too keen on, preferring the simple look for the Numidian King.

With the remaining figures I will do Hasdrubal and Mago to give four generals for the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment