Wednesday 27 February 2019

10mm WW2 American Reinforcements

Having enjoyed my recent game against Andy I thought I'd add some reinforcements to the 10mm WW2 American army. Looking at the Mid-War list I could add some M10 tank destroyers which can also be used in the Late War list. Of course I couldn't just order three tanks from Pendraken, for some reason six seemed reasonable so I added a further three different tanks to the order to give more variety to the Late War list.

After a few days a very heavy package arrived. Bit odd as I'd only ordered six tanks.

As expected I got three M10's (which were a fair bit larger than the M18's I already had, not knowing much about tanks that may well be right):

It's amazing how quickly these can be painted and they look fine I think.

What accounted for the weight of the package though? Well almost without thinking the extra tanks I ordered were M26 Pershing's which were apparently used in the last few months of the war.

These were HUGE slabs of metal way bigger than any other 10mm tank I've seen. Again I have no idea if the M26 was so much bigger than the Sherman for example, these ones certainly are:

So a few new toys for my next few games with Andy and a bit more variety for the Americans.



No comments:

Post a Comment