Sunday 3 February 2019

Latest Late Romans!

Inevitably I succumbed to the temptation to add a few more bases to the 28mm Late Romans.

Not being able to source any more Garrison figures and not really liking the Hinchliffe ones I went for Footsore Miniatures as Tim had some and they looked quite nice.

I was going to just get some Cataphracts and generals but due to the temptation of free postage and mission creep from a 3 for 2 offer ended up with some auxiliary archers and javelin skirmishers as well!

First up on the painting table were the archers. These figures were giants but that might not be so noticeable on a gloomy club night:

Next I did the General on foot. The Draco standard keeps that theme going from the original figures:

Finally for now I did the javelin men as Legionary skirmishers using two of the shield patterns from the Garrison Legionaries:

Hopefully the cataphracts and the remaining generals will be finished before I next use the army again at an undetermined date in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment