Sunday 3 February 2019

Spanish Buildings for Sharp Practice

Since I am likely to be playing a few games of Napoleonic Sharp Practice set in the Peninsula I thought I'd invest in a couple of suitable 28mm buildings as I don't have any 28mm Spanish/Italian buildings.

Of late I've made a fair few 4Ground buildings for Chain of Command which are really nice but a bit pricey. As 4Ground don't have a 28mm Spanish range I had a look around the web and settled on a Spanish Taverna and a Spanish Arched House from Empires at War. They looked nice in the pictures and were pre-painted but cheaper than 4Ground at £18.50 each.

As is often the case these days they arrived very quickly (apart from a few firms the days of 4 to 6 weeks for delivery seem long gone!). On opening the box I wasn't that impressed, the paint seemed little different to the wood colour and the parts were very thick.

However, once I started to build them they actually turned out nicely, the thicker parts made a very sturdy building and the paint looked okay though not up to 4Ground standards and with no interior detail (in all honesty I'm not bothered about that though). The plastic roof tiles were a good addition and looked much better than the usual flat roof you get with an MDT kit once they had been painted.

The Taverna:


The House:

Both look okay I think and they might also be useful for 'Dead Man's Hand' as well. Will I get any more? I'm not sure, they are relatively cheap but don't have the detail of 4Ground. They will certainly do for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment