Saturday 16 February 2019

The last of the Late Romans?

The last of the new figures for the 28mm Late Romans have now been completed.

The first mounted general:

The second general:

Finally the two bases of Cataphracts:

In general I'm happy with these figures and how they have come out. The painting style is similar to the original figures but they are considerably larger, especially the foot archers.

As ever having started off with 'I'll just re-varnish and rebase a few of these old figures' I've ended up adding more figures to the army which, to some extent, dilutes the idea of using the old ones!

In this case also I really like the cataphracts. The first metal 28mm army I ever owned was a Hinchliffe Palmyran army that I still remember well.

Sadly I sold/swapped it long ago in the mists of time. I did think of trying to track them down but given the number of years ago and the clubs I was in then no longer existing that does not seem likely.

There is therefore a temptation, given that I like these cataphracts, to remake the army. I've already started looking for 28mm Zenobia figures and working out vaguely what I'd need to buy...….

No comments:

Post a Comment